The main objective of WPQR is to test welded products by various methods in order to assure the required quality of weld joints and to significantly reduce the risk of possible defects and accidents.
Welding Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR) is issued by the Czech Welding Institute. These exams are recognized by international organizations and producers.
The certification for welding WPQR is recommended to all companies that seek to assure consistent quality of weld products and to improve their competitiveness.
Procedure to Obtain the Certification for WPQR
- Non-destructive testing see here
- Visual method
- Capillary method
- Method of whirling flows
- Ultrasound method
- Destructive testing
- Tensile test of a weld joint
- Tensile test in the transverse direction
- Bend test parallel to the welding direction
- Bend test transverse to the welding direction
- Crash test.
- Macroscopic, microscopic test and other valuations
- Macroscopic test
- Hardness testing
- Testing the fracture toughness of a weld joint
- Weld-notch toughness testing
- Corrosion resistance testing
- Metallographic test
- Test of microstructure
- Ferrite number testing.
To perform tests of different type, we cooperate with laboratories across the world in which we send samples for testing if necessary.
Benefits of the Certification
- Ensuring the appropriate quality of weld joints
- Minimizing the risk of defects and accidents
- Trust of suppliers and clients
- Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
The most requested certification
Would you like to learn more about the certification for WPQR welding procedures? Tests can be organized as quickly as within two working days since the sample receipt. We also organize exams for welders, solderers and welding operators under the authorization of CWS ANB which issues internationally recognized certificates. For more information please contact us.